Difficult as it is for me, I must finally admit something to the world: I am OUT of the techno-loop! Sure, I can fix pretty much any Windows-based computer glitch, owing to my years as a pre-Y2K Help Desker, and when people I know have issues with ANY piece of electronic gadgetry, they marvel at the "magic" I perform after having them do the whole Dogbert's Tech Support maneuver: Shut up and reboot. But, alas, it's all a ruse. I discovered this today. Allow me to explain. (Or don't. It's MY blog, so do as you please and I'll ramble until my hands don't want to talk any longer. HAH!)
See, for just over a year now, I've been skulking about on myspace, desperately trying to avoid all the befriending and bsing, and instead, just writing. I know lots of folks who Myspace, but mostly they're, well, single for starters. Or married and looking anyway. Or they have a business or social or both reason to use Myspace for kind of a free faniste or advertising medium, or some such thing. Too, many of those folks (none of MY friends, mind you, all 8 of them) are, hmmm, how to put this kindly.... morons. Nimrods. You get it. Certainly loveable, entertaining and occasionally learned, even, but just not LIKE me. Hmph.
It's all been so very High School again over there, me doing my thing, grooving in my little niche, and somehow knowing that the number of views and profile visits and all that other nonsense I get pales in comparison to EVERYONE else's, and that despite being a super-groovy cool mama, popularity is STILL not my thing. So, I puttered and putzed along, writing when I felt the need, knowing no one gave a crap, but not knowing that there were other ways to achieve what I needed. Enter Blogger.com!
I feel like SUCH the moron myself now, having stumbled upon this lovely place of thought, and writing for its own sake, not just as a way to let all your classmates know what you're wearing to the freakin' prom! AAAAAAAAck! So. Here I am. I suppose what I'll do is quit about the otherspace, and make an introduction or something. That seems appropriate right about now, yes?
Hullo, I'm Pati. Ms. Cakes, if you're Nasty. Actually, I can't claim credit for that last bit... my dearest spouse came up with it almost a decade ago when we were dating. I suppose I've been waiting to use it all this time, so lucky you for reading it! Yes, I can see just how enthralled your are, and who could blame you. I'm just a great big enthrall-o-matic, I am. I should be a superhero. Or not.
I don't know how to really define myself, so here are some things I do, have done recently, and a few details about my life. I guess they'll have to do as a Ms. Cakes Primer. Hell, it's late, I'm sleepy, and I seriously should be in bed. Quality isn't my thing tonight.
I am: Married, In my mid-thirties, A mother to two boys, A Jew (who grew up Catholic), An awful housekeeper who never quits trying (altogether), A fab cook, Loyal to a fault, Sitting shiva in my own weird way, and lots of others that don't come to me right now.
I have: Recently (one week ago, 10/9/07) had my "uterine contents" removed via D&C, after discovering that the extremely unexpected but very much wanted embryo we inadvertently produced had ceased living and appeared intent on staying right where it was indefinitely. Lived in Hawaii AND Southern California. Been married before, for 7 years, to someone who was completely wrong for me, and managed to grow in spite of it all. Not spoken to my brother since April 17, 2003. And again, more and more and so forth.
I like/believe/wish/want/hope for, etc.--- hell, if you really care to know those things, read and see for yourself. I'll copy over some recent entries first, and then see how that works. If the formatting and such aren't terribly cumbersome, I'll go ahead and pull over the entire year's worth of stuff. Who knows, it could be fun!
So, cheers! And thanks for reading.
Ms. Cakes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment