After about two weeks of daily migraines, hypersensitivity to smells (hell, to EVERYTHING, let's be honest!), and the unshakable sense that I'm "not alone" in that very special way... I finally broke down and bought a pack of First Response tests. Having done this about a thousand times in my eight years of marriage, with less than ten positive results total, and having absolutely NO CLUE where I am as cycles go (Luteal Phase Defect), I seriously did NOT expect what I got.
Two lines, with the control being the lighter of the two, and the test line developing INSTANTLY, while the control took about a third of the three minute test time outlined in the instructions. Uh, yeah, there's a baby in there. Or two? Can that even happen??? It hurts my head to think about that... so let's stick with one.
Ok, in case there's any question, we've not been "trying." Furthermore, we'd given up pretty much entirely on birth control, because of the aforementioned LPD, which supposedly renders me essentially impregnable without progesterone supplementation and probably Clomid. No sweat, we have two lovely boys, and mostly I've been at a point when that's ENOUGH, and I'm content with my life and feel very blessed. But, apparently, the Big Kahuna in the Sky felt the need to bless us again.
It's not a bad thing, not at all... just, well, a bit of a shock. Or perhaps not just a bit. Maybe a LOT of a shock. There's nothing in the world for me quite so shocking as that MACK-TRUCK-TO-THE-FACE sensation of the line turning its unmistakable POSITIVE color. They LIE on the packaging, by the way. They refer to a "pink" line. Ours was plum. Pink! HAH!
Yes, of course I know how it happened. And also of course, my husband and I wouldn't have gambled even this much, had we been in any way opposed to the thought of additional family members. We just really never thought it would happen. I'm OLD, after all, and, well, we just figured that chapter of our lives was closed. So much for our figures.
Thus, we're very much knocked up. I can't get in to see the OB until next Thursday (he's a Jew too, see, and this is serious High Holiday time), so I have no idea until at least then how soon this final pregnancy will be completed. March? April? I suppose anyone's guess is as good as mine.
**************************************************************************************
Went to dinner with my brother and sister-in-law tonight, after telling them our news. They're ecstatic for us, but it seems so odd to be accepting congratulations on something that happened while we weren't even paying attention... our Accidental Blessing. Ah well, so it goes. Looks like I'll be shopping for a freakin' MomWagon next, because the Tribute simply will NOT house THREE monkeys! Gawd, is it impossible to imagine someone might invent a reliable teleporter between now and next spring??? Maybe Volvo or Subaru make something that will look good wrapped around my crew. Sheesh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment